The Bottom Line
While the Compaq/HP Presario 3070us has no real major problems with it, it also has no truly outstanding features to set it apart from other desktop replacements.
- Large LCD Screen
- High Capacity Hard Drive
- Integrated 802.11b/g Wireless
- Poor Graphics Processor
- Intel Pentium 4 2.66 GHz Desktop Processor
- 512MB DDR PC2100 Memory
- 80 GB Hard Drive
- 24x CD-RW Combo Drive
- 16" SXGA (1280x1024) TFT LCD Display and SiS650 Graphics with 64MB Shared Memory
- v.92 56Kbps Modem, 10/100 Ethernet and Integrated 802.11b/g Wireless
- Four USB 2.0 and One IEEE1394 Ports
- 13.8" x 11.8" x 1.75" @ 8.1 lbs.
- Windows XP Home Operating System
Guide Review - Compaq/HP Presario 3070us
7/14/03 - The Compaq/HP Presario 3070us has a very odd mix of components that ends up making it a very mediocre system. The specifications have some really unique features that are held back by other less prominent features. A good example is the 16" LCD display that comes with the system. This large screen offers a large display area, but it is held back by the very poor SiS650 integrated graphics solution. To make matters worse, the ample 512MB of system memory has to share 64MB of this memory with the graphics processor. It does feature a large capacity 80 GB hard drive and an 802.11b/g wireless adpater. All of this adds up to a system that while entirely functional does not truly excell at any particular application.