The Bottom Line
An execllent book for individuals who want to know more about PC hardware or are interested in building their own PC.
- Chapter Detailing Assembly of a PC
- Good Use of Photographs When Needed
- Comprehensive Reference for PC Hardware
- Too Detailed for a Quick Reference
- Could Use a Glossary Section
- 750+ pages of information on PC hardware
- Detailed chapters for each specific PC component
- Tips on selecting the right components
- Useful tips for inexperienced PC builders
Guide Review - PC Hardware in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition
This book is an excellent and comprehensive manual for the inexperienced individual who is looking to either build or upgrade a personal computer. It contains very detailed information pertaining to the operation, specifications, selection and installation of various computer components into a computer system. Also provided are detailed photographs and steps for building a complete computer system. Due to its size and comprehensive nature, it is a bit too big to be referred as a quick reference guide and has more information than is needed for an experienced user.