The Bottom Line
- Responsive Multi-touch Touchscreen
- Quad Core Processor
- Wireless Mouse and Keyboard
- Smaller Display Size
- Colored Fabric Accent Could Be Problem to Keep Clean
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 Quad Core Desktop Processor
- 3GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Memory
- 640GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
- 8x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner
- 18.5" WXGA (1366x768) Touchscreen Display With NVIDIA GeForce 9400M Integrated Graphics
- Intel HDA Audio With 8W Stereo Speakers
- Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/g/n Wireless
- Six USB 2.0, 7-in-1 Card Reader, 1.3 Megapixel Webcam
- 21.9" x 15.5" x 3.2"
- Vista Home Premium, Works 9, McAfee Security Center
Guide Review - Dell Studio One 19 18.5-inch All-In-One Desktop PC
Jul 2 2009 - Dell's Studio One 19 is a very compact and nicely designed all-in-one desktop computer, but its defining feature is the multi-touch touchscreen interface that is available as an option on lower models or standard on more expensive units. Dell isn't the first to the touchscreen all-in-one, but their software and functionality easily top that of the HP TouchSmart interface even if the accuracy could use a bit of work.
The downside to this is the display only comes in at 18.5-inches in size. This makes it significantly smaller than Dell and many other full featured all-in-one systems with their 20-inch and larger displays. It also comes with a lower 1366x768 resolution to match the display size. At least the panel is bright with very good viewing angles. The graphics are handled by the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics solution, which is strong for an integrated solution but still falls behind what dedicated parts can provide for 3D applications.
In terms of features, the top end Dell Studio One 19 has an advantage over many other all-in-one systems because it comes equipped with a quad core Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor. While this is a fairly low end quad core model, it still gives the system an advantage for heavy multitasking or applications such as video editing. It still uses the DDR2 memory standard though which does hold back some of its capabilities.
Storage is actually above average for the Studio One 19. The DVD burner is typical of all-in-one systems, but the 640GB hard drive provides it with an above average amount of storage space. Those wanting to upgrade the DVD burner to a Blu-ray have that option but they should be warned that the display does not feature a full 1080p capable display.