The Bottom Line
- Strong AMD Processor
- Large Hard Drive
- Full Gigabyte of Memory
- Media Center OS Without Corresponding Hardware
- AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor
- 1GB PC3200 DDR Memory
- 200GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
- 16x DVD+/-RW DL with Lightscribe Burner
- AC'97 Audio
- ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Integrated Graphics with 128MB Shared Memory
- v.90 56Kbps Modem and 10/100 Ethernet
- Seven USB 2.0 Ports, Two FireWire Ports and 9-in-1 Media Card Reader
- Windows XP Media Center 2005, MS Works 8, Quicken, Money, MyDVD, WinDVD, Norton Internet Security
Guide Review - Compaq Presario SR1750NX
4/10/06 – Powering the Compaq Presario SR1750NX is the AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor. This is a fairly strong 64-bit compatible processor that should provide excellent performance for the cost. It is matched up with a full gigabyte of PC3200 DDR memory. This should give the system very strong performance regardless of the applications that the system is used for.
Storage is very strong for the Presario SR1750NX. The system comes with a very large 200GB hard drive that should provide plenty of space for programs and digital data files. And if the system does run out of space, there is always the 16x DVD+/-RW dual layer burner to create data, music or movie CD or DVDs. The drive also supports Lightscribe compatible media for custom burned labels to the discs.
For graphics, the Presario SR1750NX comes equipped with the Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics. This solution uses up to 128MB of system memory and provides better 3D performance than the Intel integrated graphics found in many system. It still lacks 3D performance for things such as games, but the system does have a 16x PCI Express graphics slot for future upgrades.
Two other areas that are of note for the Presario SR1750NX is the connectivity and software. The system features seven USB 2.0 ports and two FireWire ports to allow a large number of external devices to be hooked up to it. The software package is also very complete for most users needs.