The Bottom Line
- Large Hard Drive
- Three Gigabytes of Memory
- LightScribe Compatible Burner
- Large Amount of Trailware
- Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2200 Dual Core Processor
- 3GB PC2-5300 DDR2 Memory
- 500GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
- 16x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner with LightScribe
- Intel GMA 3100 Integrated Graphics
- Intel HDA Audio
- v.92 56Kbps Modem, Gigabit Ethernet
- Eight USB 2.0, Two FireWire, 15-in-1 Card Reader
- Vista Home Premium, MS Works, Photosmart Essentials, Cyberlink DVD Suite, Norton Internet Security
Guide Review - HP Pavilion a6400f Desktop Personal Computer
5/4/08 Intel's Pentium Dual-Core processors are a very popular selection for low cost desktop PCs. It is no surprise then to see one in HP's Pavilion a6400f. They do use a slightly faster E2200 model that provides it with a slight edge over the competition. In addition to this, they include 3GB of PC2-5300 DDR2 memory to let it run the Vista operating system and applications without any problem.
Storage is extremely strong for the HP Pavilion a6400f. Most budget systems come equipped with 320GB hard drives but HP has equipped this system with a large 500GB drive. This makes it great for those that have a large amount of digital media that tends to take up more space. In addition to this, the dual layer DVD burner can burn labels directly to LightScribe compatible DVD and CD media. Finally, a 15-in-1 card reader lets the system use all the major flash memory cards used by digital peripherals.
The biggest flaw with the HP Pavilion a6400f and many of their other systems as well is the software. While HP provides a very complete set of applications that let users do just about whatever they want, they put too many applications including trialware on it. This degrades the overall performance of the system unless the user takes the time to remove unwanted applications to free up memory and disk space.
In the end, the HP Pavilion a6400f is a solid choice for those looking for a powerful and well rounded desktop computer system that doesn't cost too much.