The Bottom Line
- Works with 20-Pin or 24-Pin Power Motherboards
- Sufficient Power For SLI Desktops Systems
- Very Stable Voltages
- Power Cables Could Use Sleeving
- Dual 12V Power Rails
- Two 80mm Low Noise Fans
- Rated at 21.3dBA Noise Level by Independent Lab
- EPS12V/ATX12V 2.01 Compliant Power Connector with Detachable 4-pin Section
- Four Serial ATA Power Connectors
- Two PCI-Express Graphics Connectors
- Feedback Circuits For Tighter Load Regulation
- Short Circuit, Power Overload, Excessive Current, Excessive Voltage and Temperature Protection
- 80,000 Hour MTBF
- 550 Watt Power Rating
Guide Review - Antec TruePower 2.0 550W EPS12V Power Supply
(5/16/05) -Antec has long been a popular brand for power supplies thanks to their high performance and quality components. The new TruePower 2.0 series of power supplies updates to use the new ATX12V 2.01 power specifications. The 550W EPS12V is currently one of their highest wattage models currently available and supports both the ATX12V 2.01 standard for desktop computers and the EPS12V standard for servers.
This model power supply features a large number of connectors for pretty much any type of component necessary in today's system. It includes a unique 24-pin main power lead that can also had 4-pins detach so it can be attached to older computer systems still using the 20-pin power specifications. In addition to this, it also has a 4-pin ATX12V and 8-pin EPS12V connector. Component connections include two 6-pin PCI-Express graphics, 4 Serial ATA, 5 4-pin Molex and 2 Floppy connectors. A special Fan Only header is included to drive two case fans with variable voltage based on the power supply temperatures.
While the main power lead is sleeved, the remaining cables are not which can make cable management inside a desktop system quite difficult.
Voltages remained stable and extremely close to spec while running a Athlon 64 system with RAID0 SATA drive array and two GeForce 6800GT cards in SLI mode. This power supply should be sufficient for even high end computer systems.
For a more detailed look at the TruePower 2.0 EPS12V, be sure to check out the product tour.