Support Web Site:
- Dell Support Web Email Form (Requires Service Tag)
Support Phone Numbers:
- Technical Support: 1-877-293-1197 (24/7)
- Small/Medium Business Support: 1-800-456-3355 (24/7)
- Pro-Support Contract Holders: 1-866-362-5350 (24/7)
- Alienware Technical Support: 1-800-254-3692 (8a-12p Central)
- TTY Support: 1-877-DELLTTY (M-F 8a-4:30p Central)
Other Support Options:
PC Magazine Survey Ratings:
- 2005 Desktop Survey: 6.4
- 2006 Desktop Survey: 6.4
- 2007 Desktop Survey: 6.7
- 2008 Desktop Survey: 6.8
- 2009 Desktop Survey: 7.0
- 2010 Desktop Survey: 6.8
- 2011 Desktop Survey: 7.0
- 2012 Desktop Survey: 6.9
- 2005 Notebook Survey: 6.8
- 2006 Notebook Survey: 6.8
- 2007 Notebook Survey: 6.8
- 2008 Notebook Survey: 7.2
- 2009 Notebook Survey: 6.9
- 2010 Notebook Survey: 6.9
- 2011 Notebook Survey: 7.0
- 2012 Notebook Survey: 7.0
Whenever you contact Dell for support, they want to know your service tag number for the product that needs support. If you are unsure what your service tag is, you can still get support but it may take longer. Dell has a page detailing how to find your service tag number. In addition, Dell may have supplied you with a customer ID when you placed your order that also can help things along. Using all of this can create a Express Service Tag.
While I review a large amount of products from companies such as Dell, I may not have much first hand experience with using their support departments for getting assistance. Because of this, I'm asking readers who have used Dell's various support options to rate how they feel Dell was able to resolve their problem. If you have used Dell's support either via email, web or phone, please vote in the following poll to let others know how your experience turned out.
How would you rate Dell's support?
If you would like to share your experience, either good or bad, trying to get support from Dell for your purchases with other readers, please feel free to post your comments. If you are considering purchasing a product from Dell, you can also go to the comments page and read those experiences that readers have posted.