Building Your Own Personal Computer
By Mark Kyrnin, About.com Guide
Why Build a PC
Most people think of going to a retail store or out of a manufacturers web site when they are looking at purchasing a computer. They they have to pick and choose among the products offered there. With all this convenience, why would one choose to build instead of buy? These articles look at some of the advantages on has to doing just that.
What to Build
Since a PC is built up from a variety of components, one needs to know what type of parts to buy before they start building. These articles help users to select the various components they will need.
- Desktop PC Parts Checklist
- Desktop Case Buyer's Guide
- Desktop Power Supply Buyer's Guide
- PC Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Best Desktop CPUs
- Best Serial ATA Hard Drives
- Best Serial ATA DVD Burners
- Best Budget 3D Video Cards
- Best Performance 3D Graphics Cards
- Best Sound Cards
How to Build a PC
This collection of tutorials walks a user through the various steps one needs to do to put together a desktop personal computer system. Each of the various guides includes photographs for the various steps to help users walk through the process.
- PC Tool Checklist
- Installing a CPU
- Installing a PC Motherboard
- Installing a Desktop Power Supply
- Installing Desktop Memory