From the article: Acer - Technical Support Profile
If you have used Acer's products and needed to deal with their support department for some reason, please feel free to write down how that experience was and any information you that may be beneficial to others who have Acer products. Similarly, if you are looking to buy an Acer product, this information may be helpful in deciding if you should go ahead or look at another company. Share Your Experience
- Harddrive broke... Sent in a repair request through the website and then they emailed me telling me to send it in via UPS (which they paid for). I called UPS and they sent a courier the next day (a monday) and then I had my laptop back and working on the friday. Really fast and super helpful
- —Guest Conor
- I AM DISSATISFIDE ACER PORTABLE HDD my hdd not detect in my laptop i am at ahmedabad so what can i do for acer hdd
- —Guest RAJESH
acer iconia W7 with tablet
- oh let me tell you about there tech support. First of all after only having my 800 acer tablet/keyboard for 3 months the keyboard dies...so i talk to tech support ..not once ..but 10 times . One tells me its not registerd ...the next one tells me he found it...the third one tells me...to send everything back.... fourth one tells me to just send the keyboard back..... on and on and on ...do any of them know what there talking about?....omg ....im not sure i would ever recommend acer to anyone after this nightmare experience...... Final thing was to box it up and wait for a new replacement..lets see how long this takes...and btw ....why cant they hire american techs instead of india?....My God people !!!!!!!
Acer liars con artists
- Computer would not load restore would get to 7% and quit called acer (don't ever call acer )(call where you bought it first)so tech service says to send to service centre at my cost so ok I do that call to get status update oh didn't you get our email your warranty is void tech accuses me of installing 3rd party hard drive which I did not and after disputing this they say well you spilled water on it Which I didn't they argue with me accusing me of all kinds of things!so I call staples where I bought it they tell me I should have called them or at best acer should have directed me to call them they would have taken care of shipping etc.repeat don't ever call acer tech.goingbto small claims court to get my money back someone along the line is defrauding someone acer staples others ????
- —Guest Longfist
DO NOT BUY ACER !!!!
- My desktop lasted 7 months then it crashed. It doesn't recognize the Internet connection any longer and all troubleshooting brings up an error message so nothing works. I called support and its a joke. They walk you through a few steps that don't resolve the problem, then laugh in their Hindu accent and tell you to mail it in! A desktop, really? Yes, they tell you up to 90 days, and then tell you a ton of disclaimers that voids any warranty, like packing it wrong or 1,000,000 other reasons, and you pay shipping. Basically, your screwed. Just throw it away, and never, ever, ever, buy this crap, EVER. Sue them in small claims is your only option.
- —Guest Art H
Sys Restore Caused BootMgr Missing Error
- System restore crashed my computer and Acer tech support transferred me to a third party in India who says they will send a disk with the drivers that are missing on the factory restore for $149. Uh... waht?!!!! Its a problem in Acers restore... They won't help with what should be a recall issue. Pist... Will NEVER buy Acer again.
- October 2009, purchased Aspire X1800 desktop with 3 year warranty. System worked fine for about 1 year 6 months then an issue started where it wouldn't boot up sometimes it doe, sometimes not. Contact acer and they say a hard drive fail (how would they know if it hasn't been look at). Anyway, took a month for them to come around and replace it. Worked fine for a few weeks until the issue started again. Contact acer, they say the video card is failing, 2 weeks later a guy comes round and replaces the video card, he said if I had more problems it could be the mother board. So pc works fine for a few weeks. Problem again and wouldn't work at all. By now it is October 2012, last week of warranty, I really gave it to them to look into this problem. They took it away for testing. I wait until February 2013 when they tell me it couldn't be repaired. They offered a refurbished one as replacement, but when I got it, it didn't work either, they took it away and I am still waiting & its May 2013.
- —Guest Izzy
Treated Me Well
- My usb ports went bad 3 months before the warrenty was up. I read these reviws and they had me freaked out about sendind for repair. I boxed up my laptop in waterproof packaging and a lot of bubble wrap and sent it off with my fingers crossed. My lap top was fixed within 3 days and back to me 2000 miles away within 10. My laptop is fixed and they updated the bios. I wanted to let people know I had a great experiance with there support and repair center. So wrap the computer tight take some pics and video as you send it off and you should be fine if my experiance is anything to use as a bassis.
- —Guest kris
- Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T! If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER Aspire 722 Netbook and within 3-4 months, the case split and a piece fell out. Not only that but the keys stick, it’s slow even with 2 GB RAM and the touch pad has a mind of its own. Some programs I get a flickering line that doesn’t go away. ACER will not back their warranty. When I called customer service, I got some East Indian guy that does his best to void your warranty starting with the case is not covered under warranty. Then he wants you to mail in your computer (at your expense) while they evaluate it for CID (customer induced damage) to void your warranty, but the excuses are endless. I took it to a local repair shop and they said they would have to remove the screen and take the case apart which would void my warranty and recommended I contact ACER, which I did. I ended up contacting a corporate office in Texas and was given an email addre
acer is a crap
- Their service is a scam to get your money. They said I have spilled liquid in my laptop but i didn't. I know for sure I did not. So although i have 2 years warranty they wanted $200 for repair. I decided to cut my losses and just though the junk to a garbage. I still have reciets so if anyone going to start a class action lawsuit i'll join.
- —Guest Kat
Save yourself a headache
- My Son bought an acer desktop computer , when it broke he couldn't get it fixed so he gave it ot me . That's when I found out that they have the worst customer service there is. The company hire's kids to man the phones and don't know anything , they give you a standard " we don't recomend doing that." or " you should consider a new mechien" . They haven't a clue if you ask a technical question. I had the computer about two years when the mobo died . I asked if they sold areplacement board - that was unheard of - just buy a new computer. was the responce I got.. I went over to intel and ordered a new board , installed it and removed as much of the acer decals as I could. bondoed over the front name and gave it a nice metal flake silver paint job and wah lah. presto chango. Intel desktop computer. Best of all none of the computer went into the landfill. P.S. That system is still working.
- —Guest Fred Cabral
NEVER NEVER NEVER buy an ACER
- In case it wasn't clear......NEVER NEVER NEVER buy an ACER. Mine has been in their shop for 4 months. How can this happen in 2013?
- —Guest Carlos
ACER computers are CRAP
- Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T! If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER Aspire 722 Netbook and within 3-4 months, the case split and a piece fell out. Not only that but the keys stick, it’s slow even with 2 gb RAM and the touch pad has a mind of it’s own. Some programs I get a flickering line that doesn’t go away. ACER will not back their warranty. When I called customer service, I got some east Indain guy that does his best to void your warranty starting with the case is not covered under warranty. Then he wants you to mail in your computer (at your expense) while they evaluate it for CID (customer induced damage) to void your warranty, but the excuses are endless. I took it to a local repair shop and they said they would have to remove the screen and take the case apart which would void my warranty and recommended I contact ACER, which I did. I ended up contacting a corporate office in Texas and was given an email a
Incompatible Acer Update
- New Update for Windows finds Acer Update incompatible. I have TravelMate 5744 and it is not on Acer list for a fix.
- —Guest Louie
Acer service Romania
- I have a netbook model Aspire One D270-26Crr, bought in September 17, 2012. In January 11 2013, I found that the display have an inside crack, and I went to local service to repair it on warranty. However, the Service company (namely, Sama Bit SRL, in Bucharest-Romania) refuses to make the repairing on warranty. They told me that, my problem with the display is no subject to warranty, and if I want it repaired, I need to pay an extra (approximate) 140 EUR. I show them the laptop have no sign of shock or scratch on the display frame, or on the display itself, but the crack is only inside the display. They ignored these facts, but just pointed that the problem should be presumably my fault, because "by construction the displays are not made to crack by themselves". As a note, I am disappointed of that attitude, considering that I already use many other Acer devices (laptops, monitors, smartphone, etc...), and I have no problem with any of them; As I considered understandable that somet
- —Guest Bogdan Buta
1-15 of 134Next