From the article: Acer - Technical Support Profile
If you have used Acer's products and needed to deal with their support department for some reason, please feel free to write down how that experience was and any information you that may be beneficial to others who have Acer products. Similarly, if you are looking to buy an Acer product, this information may be helpful in deciding if you should go ahead or look at another company. Share Your Experience
Treated Me Well
- My usb ports went bad 3 months before the warrenty was up. I read these reviws and they had me freaked out about sendind for repair. I boxed up my laptop in waterproof packaging and a lot of bubble wrap and sent it off with my fingers crossed. My lap top was fixed within 3 days and back to me 2000 miles away within 10. My laptop is fixed and they updated the bios. I wanted to let people know I had a great experiance with there support and repair center. So wrap the computer tight take some pics and video as you send it off and you should be fine if my experiance is anything to use as a bassis.
- —Guest kris
- Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T! If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER Aspire 722 Netbook and within 3-4 months, the case split and a piece fell out. Not only that but the keys stick, it’s slow even with 2 GB RAM and the touch pad has a mind of its own. Some programs I get a flickering line that doesn’t go away. ACER will not back their warranty. When I called customer service, I got some East Indian guy that does his best to void your warranty starting with the case is not covered under warranty. Then he wants you to mail in your computer (at your expense) while they evaluate it for CID (customer induced damage) to void your warranty, but the excuses are endless. I took it to a local repair shop and they said they would have to remove the screen and take the case apart which would void my warranty and recommended I contact ACER, which I did. I ended up contacting a corporate office in Texas and was given an email addre
acer is a crap
- Their service is a scam to get your money. They said I have spilled liquid in my laptop but i didn't. I know for sure I did not. So although i have 2 years warranty they wanted $200 for repair. I decided to cut my losses and just though the junk to a garbage. I still have reciets so if anyone going to start a class action lawsuit i'll join.
- —Guest Kat
Save yourself a headache
- My Son bought an acer desktop computer , when it broke he couldn't get it fixed so he gave it ot me . That's when I found out that they have the worst customer service there is. The company hire's kids to man the phones and don't know anything , they give you a standard " we don't recomend doing that." or " you should consider a new mechien" . They haven't a clue if you ask a technical question. I had the computer about two years when the mobo died . I asked if they sold areplacement board - that was unheard of - just buy a new computer. was the responce I got.. I went over to intel and ordered a new board , installed it and removed as much of the acer decals as I could. bondoed over the front name and gave it a nice metal flake silver paint job and wah lah. presto chango. Intel desktop computer. Best of all none of the computer went into the landfill. P.S. That system is still working.
- —Guest Fred Cabral
NEVER NEVER NEVER buy an ACER
- In case it wasn't clear......NEVER NEVER NEVER buy an ACER. Mine has been in their shop for 4 months. How can this happen in 2013?
- —Guest Carlos
ACER computers are CRAP
- Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T! If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER Aspire 722 Netbook and within 3-4 months, the case split and a piece fell out. Not only that but the keys stick, it’s slow even with 2 gb RAM and the touch pad has a mind of it’s own. Some programs I get a flickering line that doesn’t go away. ACER will not back their warranty. When I called customer service, I got some east Indain guy that does his best to void your warranty starting with the case is not covered under warranty. Then he wants you to mail in your computer (at your expense) while they evaluate it for CID (customer induced damage) to void your warranty, but the excuses are endless. I took it to a local repair shop and they said they would have to remove the screen and take the case apart which would void my warranty and recommended I contact ACER, which I did. I ended up contacting a corporate office in Texas and was given an email a
Incompatible Acer Update
- New Update for Windows finds Acer Update incompatible. I have TravelMate 5744 and it is not on Acer list for a fix.
- —Guest Louie
Acer service Romania
- I have a netbook model Aspire One D270-26Crr, bought in September 17, 2012. In January 11 2013, I found that the display have an inside crack, and I went to local service to repair it on warranty. However, the Service company (namely, Sama Bit SRL, in Bucharest-Romania) refuses to make the repairing on warranty. They told me that, my problem with the display is no subject to warranty, and if I want it repaired, I need to pay an extra (approximate) 140 EUR. I show them the laptop have no sign of shock or scratch on the display frame, or on the display itself, but the crack is only inside the display. They ignored these facts, but just pointed that the problem should be presumably my fault, because "by construction the displays are not made to crack by themselves". As a note, I am disappointed of that attitude, considering that I already use many other Acer devices (laptops, monitors, smartphone, etc...), and I have no problem with any of them; As I considered understandable that somet
- —Guest Bogdan Buta
Drivers and Updates
- I am a repair tech and 70%^ of the machines on my bench are an Acer or some sort. My main beef is that if it is out of warranty, and your HD dies and you need to re-install and do not have the repair disks and you try and go to thier site to download drivers, they have you throttled down to 22k/s no matte what your connection speed is. I usually wait between 1 and 2 hours for a 200MB chipset .zip file!!! They are the only OEM that does this. BUT, they are cheap...so I guess you get what you pay for. In my opinion, they are just Kmart garbage with pretty cases.
- —Guest Mymagtech
acer; hard drive
- I bought an acer laptop 2 years ago. My warranty is out, i had too take my computer into a computer store. I was told my hard drive was fried because where the hard drive is located there is 4 screws that hold it down and there was only 1 screw there. They were surprised it hadn't fried it self a long time ago. I called acer too let them know that this happen, they wouldn't even talk too me because i didn't have a warranty anymore. I won't be buying acer again!!!!
$199 to repair a single key on keyboard
- A key pops out from the keyboard, Acer is charging me $199 to repair a single key on my keyboard. The customer service is horrible and the standard warranty is useless
- —Guest Ali
20 dollers for an blank dvd
- Bought recovery disks from gateway, shiped me the DVDs but one of them the important one is blank... Burn in hell gateway!!!!
- —Guest Emptydisk
Con Artist Acer Direct
- Within first month of having Acer Aspire laptop the keys fell out and it was sent back for repair. The same thing happened a further two times, again Acer replaced the keys. A month before the first year warranty was up the port for battery charger became loose. As the laptop was with my daughter at uni Acer advised me to call them the moment she came home for christmas hols and they would replace the laptop. When the time arrived they changed their minds saying it was out of the 12months warranty and the additional two year warranty didn't cover for this problem as it isn't down to the laptop. This is now a matter for Trading Standards.
- —Guest Teresa B
- Wanted to charge me $99 USD just to tell me how to reset the BIOS password on a laptop Mobo. I call bullshit. Acer Support is an absolute joke.
- —Guest Dylan
Acer Screens crack twice
- Bought an Acer laptop. Three months in I open it up one morning and the screen is "cracked" - not literally, but the fluid is all leaking out behind in a crack pattern. Acer tells me it is my fault. I don't see how. Closed the lid in evening, opened it in morning and it is cracked. No one else here. So I pay $100 to get screen replaced. Seven months later, the same thing happens. Honest to God, never physically damaged it and there is no one else here to do it. Take it to Acer - same story. I give them a letter explaining all this and ask a supervisor to review the situation. Something must be wrong with these screen because I KNOW I did not physically damage this thing. So this morning I get a phone call from Acer customer service back east somewhere (254 area code). The tell me it IS my fault, the rep can SEE the crack running across the screen in a photo she's been email. I try to explain that there is fluid leaking BEHIND the screen but the surface is intact. She insists it is NOT
- —Guest Carolyn
1-15 of 127Next