From the article: ASUS - Technical Support Profile
If you have used ASUS's products and needed to deal with their support department for some reason, please feel free to write down how that experience was and any information you that may be beneficial to others who have ASUS products. Similarly, if you are looking to buy an ASUS product, this information may be helpful in deciding if you should go ahead or look at another company. Share Your Experience
Is Your Computer On?
- Long story short, motherboard wouldn't POST, sent in for repairs. Asus / Fedex botched the delivery, I requested to ship to a different address... 3 weeks later, I contact Asus and they didn't even ship it out yet. I talked with "Katie" before the 3 weeks... and after... not sure what you're "resolving" that takes 3 weeks, but it sure wasn't my motherboard. Total time spent was probably almost 2 months.
- —Guest James Frazier
Nexus 7 Customer Service Nightmares
- My new Nexus 7 stopped working 6 weeks after purchase. Couldn't return it to the store because it was just shy of it's 30 day return policy. Asus offered to ship me a refurbished or used Nexus since there was a shortage of the part necessary to fix mine. I wanted a new tablet, since I gave them a new tablet. Basically said to me that if I don't want to receive a used product then they are going to fix mine and they can't tell me when that will be so too bad for you customer. If that's good customer service, I'd hate to see bad. Sorry Asus, I think I'll switch to an Ipad.
- —Guest Guest Sue
Useless service and repair
- Im from Australia and I have to say customer service is disgusting, you cant get any help on what is happening with your laptop , nothing zilch zero zip, I put my laptop in over 9 days ago and I was told it would only be 5 to 9 days to fix and repair , now ive been informed finally that it wont be ready till next week due to them waiting on a graphics card, I will not be buying from asus anymore I should have stuck to HP or dell who are very responsive with answers and repairs ,oh and as for a brand new laptop already needing a new graphics card well thats bad its a gaming machine for gods sake and should have lasted longer than 4 months, never again asus never regards from dissapointed customer,
- —Guest kazz
- I ordered a laptop - it arrived faulty. I sent it back, having checked I would get a refund in 5-7 days. Nothing happened. When I phoned, the "adviser" spoke such poor English that we had to give up. Emails were answered in appalling English and seldom answered the question asked. For four weeks Asus had both my money and the laptop. Just before they would have broken the law, they finally made the refund. Stay away from Asus.
- —Guest HMT
ASUS for son, what a let dwn
- I purchased a brand new MOB from Ebay, which the seller was a reatiler in the US for the company. Building my son a gaming computer. MOB would not post after spending an entire weekend reading FAQ's and other emails and visiting a local computer store for 5 hours on a Sunday, found out Monday the BIOS needed updated. Easy enough I thought send it in with RMA its only 5 weeks old. I called in and spoke with a great IT guy really friendly, I gave him my Product Number and he asked for it again 2 X's, he said it appears my MOB was from Europe and I could not go through the US ASUS Customer Service for my Warranty. Then said I had to buy the new BIOS. I then log into the Estore and all day the web page site is down, I finally get the order completed and pay for 3 day shipping, I just got an email saying my BIOS Chip will be delivered next week, 7 days. Not only is my son disappointed but so am I. I will never purchase another item from ASUS, thats coming from a family of 5. Thanks
- —Guest Heavy T
ASUS Support Switzerland
- My Laptop-Charger of my ux31 ultrabook broke down after couple month. After waiting 10 days after having send it in, i called. I was told, that my packet had arrived a week ago, but that they did not had opened it yet. I was told, that i'll receive my charger back in 2-4 weeks time... for a simple RMA exchange !!! Since i use my laptop at work and not just use it for looking at cat-videos at home (like most asus managers probably do) , and i can't really wait a month for a broken charger to be exchanged, i'll probably buy myself a mac and never ever consider asus for any kind of gadet anymore. in one word... support is blatantly slow and unprofessional and since theyr products brake down so often, that support is overflowed with repairs, it's a wise decision not to buy anything of them anymore!
- —Guest fil
RMA service nightmare
- Pathetic support and here is the timeline: 1) purchase a refurb board at a well known etailer in April 2012 2) Board fails and request RMA service and receive new board (no issues). 3) approx 2 months the board literally fries as smoke comes from the MOSFET circuity 4) request RMA 2 and initally receive help only to be told the serial number is invalid 5) What follows is a period of time were I get ZERO followup. I push tghe issue and talk to a couple of folks whom I thought was very helpful as one acknoweldged the issue and needed to talk with Asus....never heard another word 6) Followup again and now told the board is not under warranty Summary timeline from RMA 1 to request of RMA 2 is within 90 days, yet "my board is out of warranty" Like I said pathetic!!!
- OMG i cannot beieve this company...contacted asus support..to phone you have to get skype credit, no email address, tried enqiry form..just would not send!!!!! i just want to sort out my problem....its a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- —Guest lorraine brown
Replacement bios chip
- Bios died after an update. Even though the board is still in warranty, I figured it would be quicker and cheaper to replace the chip myself. Took well over a week to get here, it felt like forever. It came in a whole lot of tight packaging, but in the end the pins were still bent, I had to pry it back with needle-nose pliers. Worked as advertised though, plug and play.
- —Guest George
Great people, no service
- ASUS makes a fine line of products. Its people are knowledgeable and courteous, but Taiwan won't let them do anything and you pay to wait on the phone for help. No 800 numbers anywhere. Took six months to get a top-end in-warranty mobo replaced and that one also failed....after a few days. Took a couple of months to get that one replaced. NEVER any overnight shipments, even after waiting six months for replacement. I just wish that the service people were given more freedom to be honest and to provide fast support and, where merited, replacement.
- —Guest Hammsailor
Bad and good
- When customer RMA service is needed, the request turns into a months-long nightmare, always. I have needed three motherboard warranty replacements and the first replacement took 6 months and many phone calls to ASUS at my expense with lengthy hold times. . If you order a part, the service is excellent.
- —Guest Chris Hamm
BIOS Died, New Chip, No Problem
- Power lost on boot, right before POST, got my bios "stuck" so that it would not POST. Figured I needed new bios chip, found it easily at asus e-store, shipment came with instructions on how to install the chip. Booted and back in action.
- —Guest M
ASUS saved my bacon
- After a bad BIOS Flash on an old ASUS motherboard, I was devastated. ASUS tech support came through for me, with flying colors. This experience has taught me one thing. Always buy ASUS motherboards. My motherboard is out of stock everywhere and if ASUS hadn't come through for me, I would've had to purchase a new motherboard and RAM, when I could NOT afford it. I've worked on comps for 20+ years, and this is the first time I was truly between a rock and a harder rock...ASUS not only came through, but did so in a timely manner and with grace and know-how than I have ever experienced. I heartily recommend ASUS as a company and for their unparalleled tech support. It just doesn't get any better..period ^^
- —Guest Ghot
- My Customer Rep was Parri Darnell..I recently upgraded my p8z68 deluxe mother board to bios 3304.after the upgrade i had several problems..the person i talked to on the phone said i would have to by a new bios. i made a complaint to Asus support. today i received and email that a new bios chip was being sent fedex at no cost. WTG Asus..i will now remain a loyal customer..ty Mr Darnell for stepping in..
- —Guest Gary Gatto
A Pleasant Surprise
- My Customer Rep was Parri Darnell. I bought M5A99X EVO with an outdated BIOS. After cussing for a couple hours, trying to POST, I noticed the BIOS chip is not soldered to the m-board. I ordered an updated BIOS chip from ASUS on the 4th, and FEDEX just dropped it off this morning, the 8th. It was shipped from Indiana, and I live in Arizona, 1900 miles away. In contrast, I ordered a new SSD from NEW*GG(you know who I mean) on the 3rd. I paid extra for 3rd day ground delivery. I checked tracking on the 5th, saw that it had left Irvine Ca. (400 miles away), and would be delivered by the end of the day on the 7th. I checked tracking again last night (the 7th), my package left Southern California, traveling up to Portland, Oregon (1000 miles north), traveled back through Nevada to Sparks, Nevada. The tracking ends there, but the estimated delivery date was deleted and that space is blank now. I don't know when my package will be delivered, but I remember reading about the Pony Express in the
- —Guest WarHippy
1-15 of 125Next