From the article: Sony - Technical Support Profile
If you have used Sony's products and needed to deal with their support department for some reason, please feel free to write down how that experience was and any information you that may be beneficial to others who have Sony products. Similarly, if you are looking to buy a Sony product, this information may be helpful in deciding if you should go ahead or look at another company. Share Your Experience
SONY COMPUTER SUPPORT is the WORST
- I have had many different issues with my Sony Vaio All-in-One VPCL2190X. Each time, their technician without doing any specific troubleshooting told me that I had to format and re-install. That's the cheapest way of fixing the problems. They are horrible. I stopped using Dell because their computer quality was down. Now I might go back to Dell again with their complete care tech support. Don't buy SONY. Their technicians are street dancers who don't know anything about computers. May we be protected from these harmful, ignorant Sony tech specialists. One of them almost went ahead with formatting my hard drive with the remote connection.
- —Guest Murat Cakir
sony support over recovery
- I had a vaio laptop. I purchased a recovery cd with the computer. My laptop crushed and I tried to recover it from the recovery disks. Comes up with error. After that I contacted sony, they ask me for payment, if you know the 15 minute crap. Then sold me another recovery disk which doesn't work again. Finally they want me to pay another 99 dollar and ship the computer to them. I am not crazy enough to do that. I paid these people enough. Bottom line, never buy sony product!
- —Guest Teshome
nothing can be worse
- I was having a issue with my pc that it was causing it to freeze. I fell for the talk of the SONY tech support guy (first 15 min are free) and agreed to pay them to remotely fix my computer. Worst decision ever. It took me a series of 4 different techs, different calls, one of them was a manager according to them. After all that my computer had the same problem, plus the fact that they caused my iexplore to stop working. They promise if you are not satisfied they will give you your money back. Don't fall for that. I will never in a million years fall for that again. Alll they want is your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sony - #1 worst tech support
- hard drive on vaio died at 3 months old. spent 4+ hours on the phone with tech support (should've bought the translator). keep in mind this is sony's most expensive vaio. when sent replacement hard drive and recovery disc, it still doesnt work. has been 3 months and vaio still not working. dont buy sony.
- —Guest davidd
- I raised a request a E47731533 on 23rd of October and the customer representative promised me the turn around time is 4 business days. Considering any unprecedented delays another 2 days can be waited in patience by a customer, but my current situation is close to 12 days and after multiple calls. I still do not receive any updates from Sony. How do you think a customer would recommend the product to another customer after going through this?
- —Guest Vijay DJ